Updated: Jan 7, 2020
One day, so many emotions...
Emotions, emotions, emotions… They are an integral part of the wedding day. Lots of laughs, sneaky kisses, cheeky smiles and sometimes even tears, they are there and that is what I want to show you. Your wedding is all about this, people and their emotions creating this powerful vibe which you will remember forever.
Your wedding day is full of amazing moments which you will keep in your heart for the rest of your life. But as time goes by those moments can become distant memories so your photos play an important role to transport you back to that time and refresh how you felt in the moment. Hiring a professional wedding photographer to capture those moments keeps those beautiful memories fresh as though it were yesterday. So without further ado...
1. Everything passes… When organising your wedding every small detail counts; you want the food to taste great, the cake should look amazing, the dress, the hair, make up - wow! the band/DJ should play fantastic music - boom! and there should be enough alcohol for everyone. And on the run up to your wedding you've focussed all your attention on 'the big day.' But the day after what actually remains? Tidying up the decorations, the flowers, and for many of guests (bride and groom not excluded) a hangover! But what stays with you? Aside from the rings, marriage document and the bill there's your precious memories. That’s why it's so important to hire the right wedding photographer who has a lot of experience, who will be able to capture all of those details which you've paid so much money for and do not want to forget. The photos which you receive stay with you forever, and will have the incredible power to transport you back to that special day every time you look at them.
2. There are no repeats… On your wedding day you want everything to go according to plan, especially at the ceremony. There's no time for rehearsals or setting up. The 'wedding photographer' knows where to stand and what to do in order to take the best photos while not breaking the ambience of the moment. However, if you decide to ask a friend or amateur to take photos you are risking not only the quality of the photos but also the decorum and professionalism of the situation and the uncomfortable awkwardness of someone rushing around trying to achieve “professional” shots without knowing where to begin. A professional wedding photographer will be ready with their equipment for different light situations in a matter of seconds, there is no time for learning on the job or wondering what will work best, there is just knowledge and experience which a photographer can only get by taking many many photos.
3. A professional photographer will save you time, energy and stress…. A professional wedding photographer is ready for every situation, they know what kind of photos you are hoping to receive and they know how to achieve it. They won’t be asking questions about what is happening next or what time is cake arriving; they would have the plan weeks ago and would have memorised it. Your wedding day is a time for you to enjoy; you won't want to run around in your beautiful wedding dress needing to remind the photographer to take photos of this or that. It just causes more stress, which is why you should hire someone who knows what to do to save you time and energy on this special day and give you 100% peace of mind that you are in good hands.
4. A professional photographer is there for you… Some wedding photographers charge per hour, and to me this is already a sign that this is not a dedicated professional photographer. Having worked as a wedding photographer for years, I know that there are situations which cannot be predicted. Perhaps the bride will change her hair, there may be traffic, the kitchen has delays, etc. What happens in these situations? An experienced and professional wedding photographer will attend to cover your wedding and not expect to charge more for unexpected delays. No matter what the contract says, they will be there for you and ask if there is more they can do and if there are any surprises to occur later in the evening that they should stay to capture. This shows that this is the right person to choose.
5. It is all about the photos... What is the most important reason for choosing exactly the right Wedding Photographer? You choose your chef according to how their food tastes, the band by their music vibe, so why would you hire a photographer based on the rate they charge instead of their photos? If all you want is a few photos to commemorate the day then maybe you can budget less for your photography and choose based on their rate. But no matter what school they attended, what kind of equipment they use or the rate they charge, only by looking at their portfolio and meeting your photographer can you decide if they're the right person to hire. Money is one thing, and there will always be people who charge more or less, but remember that this person will be with you through your emotional wedding journey and who will capture your timeless memories and you don’t want to regret paying a little more for peace of mind that you have made the right choice and can put your faith in this person.
Come and visit my little place on the internet to see if I'm that Wedding Photographer you are looking for... vickyphotography.co.uk